Table of Contents
- 1. Repackage & Repurpose Your Content
- Three Ways to repurpose your Twitter threads
- 2. Capture Creativity Before It Cools Off
- Three tips for capturing creativity
- 3. Study & Leverage Superstars
- Three benefits of creating content about a superstar
- 4. Hop-On Trends To Get Trending
- Three things to consider before hopping on a trend
- 5. Turn FAQs Into NCIs
- Three Tips for getting more questions
- 6. Steal Like An Artist
- Three ways to steal like an artist
- 7. Re-release Your Greatest Hits
- Two tips for re-releasing your content
- 8. It's Called Social For A Reason
- Three tips to be more social
- 9. The Right & Wrong Way To Buy Followers
- Two tips on "buying" followers
- 10. Analyze Your Analytics
- Three tips for using Twitter analytics
- 11. Collaborate and Collaborate
- Three ways to collaborate on Twitter
- 12. Diversify or Risk Dying
- Two big reasons to have a newsletter
- 13. Connect with the audience you already have
13 Expert Tips to grow an audience for your SaaS (2023)
We curated a list of SaaS audience-building tips from experts. Here you go!
Note: SaaSwrites is a curated growth marketing hub and resource built to help SaaS founders grow their products. We sincerely thank all our experts for their constant value addition to this world.
If you created a great piece of content, don't let it go to waste. Take the time to repackage it and distribute it onto other social media platforms. You don't have to repurpose everything, focus on your most popular content first.
- Screenshot your most popular tweets and turn them into a carousel post on Instagram.
- Take your most popular thread and make a YouTube video about it.
- Expand your most popular thread into a blog or Reddit post.
As a content creator, you need great ideas. But those great ideas come when you least expect them. (showering, walking, etc.). That's why you need to be able to quickly capture them before they disappear.
- Have a Notes tab or use Evernote so you can quickly jot down any ideas that come to you.
- Have it synced with your phone/laptop for easy access
- Over time, you'll have a warehouse of content ideas that you can draw from at any time.
Study the content of superstar creators to find patterns in how they create amazing content. Ask yourself, how do they hook you in? Keep you engaged? And so on. Also, create content about superstar creators to leverage their audience.
- People will associate you with them and thus boost your status.
- You’ll introduce yourself to their audience and likely gain followers from them.
- The superstar might love your content and share it with their audience
One of the best ways to go viral is to look at what’s already massively popular and hop on that trend. If done right, hopping on a viral trend will make your post stick out, receive great engagement, and bring you a ton of new followers.
- Check to see if the trend is still relevant, internet culture moves fast.
- Make sure you understand the full context of the trend, you don't want to go viral for a bad reason.
- Choose trends that are relevant to your brand.
Whenever you get a question from a follower, chances are other people have that same question or would be interested in hearing your answer. So why not turn these FAQS into NCI (new content ideas)? Look at your most FAQs and turn that into content.
- Twitter: post a tweet asking people to comment what they need help with.
- Instagram: use the Question sticker in your Stories to get responses from your audience.
- YouTube: ask people to share their questions in the comments.
Stealing like an artist means looking at other creators & remixing their work. When we free ourselves from the burden of trying to be completely original, we can stop trying to make something out of nothing & start embracing influence.
- Look at popular tweets by people you admire and rewrite the post in your own words.
- Find a YT video you love and create your own video about that topic.
- Take a popular Reddit post related to your domain & remix it into a Twitter thread.
Reposting your most popular content is a great way to create high-performing content with minimal effort. Most posts are only shown to 5-10% of your audience so even if your post went viral, the majority of them didn't see the original post.
- Use Socialbearing.com to view your most popular tweets and threads over the past year.
- Don't just retweet your most popular post or thread. Rewrite or update it to freshen it up.
Engaging with your audience will turn semi-interested followers into hardcore fans who tell their friends about your work. No matter how big your audience, always remember that your followers are people & not numbers on a screen.
- Spend 10 mins a day responding to comments.
- Take 30 mins every week to answer your DMs.
- Host a monthly live session where you interact and chat with your followers.
Don't buy followers. These "followers" will be bots that don't interact with your content. As a result, your engagement rate will drop and the algorithm will show your content to even fewer people than before.
- Do a giveaway and make one of the requirements to follow you and tag a friend.
- Send free swag to followers with large accounts and ask for them to post about it on social media and tag you in exchange.
When you post your content is almost as important as WHAT you post. Practically every social platform provides you with data about when your audience is most engaged. Find out that time and post (or schedule) your content for those time periods.
- Use Twitter Media studio to find out what time your audience is most engaged.
- Use a free app like Typefully to schedule your posts for those times.
- Review your best-performing tweets every month and analyze why they did well.
A great way to grow on social media is to collab with other creators. Look for accounts of similar size to yours & DM them with ideas for a mutually beneficial collab. Collaborating often leads to new followers, friends, and even business partners.
- Offer to exchange retweets
- Do a guest thread on each other's page
- Work together on a thread (one person writes it, the other creates visuals for it)
No matter how big your account, there's always a risk of getting hacked, banned, or canceled. Diversify that risk by being on multiple platforms. Diversify even more by having a direct relationship with your audience through a website & newsletter.
- With an email list, you’ll have a direct line of communication with your audience that you can contact at any time.
- Since you own this list you can reach out to your audience even if your social media accounts get hacked or banned.
Are you planning on building an audience? Onuoha shares a quick tip:
Take some time off trying to get more followers, and focus on the ones you have currently
DM them and try to know how they are doing and also try to make a connection with them
Don't underestimate the power of this